3 - 5 years
First Choice Bank is seeking an enthusiastic and detail oriented SBA Senior Loan Processor to work in the Cerritos, CA office. This position is responsible for loan due diligence, documentation and review, and closing process for SBA loans. Works directly with business development officers, underwriters, along with the borrower, internal and outside legal, title companies, insurance agents, and vendors to ensure closing requirements are met and necessary due diligence is obtained.
- Responsible for processing a robust pipeline of SBA loans from origination to funding.
- Prepares loan documents and processes approved loans and sets up date and time to close the loan and make disbursements.
- Reviews letters of intent (LOI), credit authorization memos (CAM) and other documentation received for completeness and manages the process to obtain additional information if necessary.
- Orders and reviews Laser Proc documents; perfects collateral for each loan assigned; works with escrow and title companies; orders insurance certificates prior to loan funding.
- Maintains an open line of communication / correspondence between all involved parties.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Ensures compliance with established Company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act), Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Right to Financial Privacy Act (state and federal) and Community Reinvestment Act.
- Performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
Qualified candidates must have:
- High school diploma and work related experience to include at least 5 years processing SBA loans in a banking environment.
- Strong working knowledge of SBA loans and familiarity with SBA’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Intermediate level of work experience, knowledge and training in all loan servicing activities and terminology.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
First Choice Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. First Choice Bank is fully committed to the principle of equal opportunity and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Come Join Our Team!
Job ID: 248479929